The FAA has established minimum requirements for obtaining a Private Pilot License as follows:
-Be at least 17 years of age on the date of Practical Testing.
-Hold a validThird Class FAA Medical Certificate.
-Pass a Private Pilot Written Exam.
-Endorsement by a Certified Flight Instructor.
-40 Hours Minimum Flight Time, to Include:
• 20 Hours Dual Flight Instruction
• 3 Hours Cross Country
• 3 Hours Night Flying
• 10 Night Take-Offs and Landings
• Night Cross Country Flight Covering 100 nautical miles
• 3 Hours Instrument Flight Training
• 3 Hours Private Pilot Test Preparation
(Must be within 60 days prior to Practical Test)
• 10 Hours of Solo Flight
• 5 Hours of Solo Cross Country
• 3 Solo Full Stop Landings at a Controlled Field
Practical Test including Oral Exam and Flight Test
For more information, please contact Tina or Jen at Poplar Grove Airmotive by calling (815) 544-3471 or by using their email addresses below:
Tina Thomas – Flight School
Jen Thomas – Flight Office Manager